Does using a trucking service make the most sense for your small business? Companies that manufacture products or make sales deliveries will often use a professional trucking company to meet their needs. Many small business owners never consider purchasing a truck because of the expense. However, there are some good reasons to purchase a truck for your business, and this article discusses three of them.
Build Your Brand
When your company owns its own vehicles, it immediately seems more successful and professional to the public and to your clients. Simply having a truck can make your business stand out from others, can promote trust in your services and can draw in new business.
- When you put the same truck into the community day after day for the public to see, you are building name recognition and creating a sense of familiarity with your business and your products.
- When clients see your business name on a truck owned by your company, you are sending a message that your company is reliable, successful and in business to stay. This promotes trust and loyalty from clients.
- Use your truck as a moving advertisement. Your truck can include your company name, contact information and anything else potential clients may need to know. This makes it easy for customers to find you.
While the upfront cost of purchasing a truck can be high, there are financial benefits to owning your own business vehicle.
- You are entitled to significant tax deductions related to the use and maintenance of a truck owned by your company and used for business purposes. You can also get a tax credit for depreciation of the vehicle over time.
- You can generate cash when you buy a truck for your business by reducing your tax payments based on the value of your truck and writing off the entire cost of the truck while making payments each month. An article in the New York Times explains how to use this situation to your advantage.
When you buy a semi truck to use as part of your company, you open the doors to additional business opportunities. A large truck is a valuable asset, and there will be others who will want to make use of it. If you are seeking to expand your small business, buying a truck makes a lot of sense.
- You can continue to conduct your own business while making even more money when you rent part of your truck to other area businesses. Small businesses that rely on deliveries but do not have a truck of their own will be interested in paying you for the use of your truck. Contract with a company making deliveries to the same area, or even to the same place exactly, and you will be making extra money with very little additional cost or time used by you.
- Another alternative business opportunity is to rent your truck to another company during the time it is not being used. If you have a seasonal business, for example, you can rent your truck to another company during the part of the year that you do not make deliveries or make fewer deliveries.
- You can also set yourself up as the owner and operator of a trucking company. You can take on trucking clients any time you are not using the truck for your own business. This type of service is in high demand, and you could make a big profit in addition to the money generated by your small business.
For many business owners, buying a truck makes a lot of sense. When you own your own truck, you have greater control over what happens in your company. You also get the benefits associated with truck ownership, including increased financial success and a better reputation in your community. For more information, check out websites like http://www.arrowtruck.com/.